The online bachelor of science in human resource development is open to eligible in-state and many out-of-state applicants. The program is closed to students residing in countries other than Canada and the United States (including U.S. Territories). The exceptions are U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Freshmen—General Admission Standards
- Completion of the Indiana Core 40 high school curriculum (or equivalent for non-Indiana graduates) with a grade point of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Indiana high school graduates must have passed both the mathematics and English sections of ISTEP or receive an official waiver from their high school.
EXCEPTIONS: Indiana Core 40 (or equivalent) not required if high school diploma was awarded prior to 1998. ISTEP not required if high school diploma was awarded prior to 2002. Acceptable GED scores may be submitted to satisfy admission requirements listed above. The admission of applicants older than the traditional college age will be determined individually, with special attention given to employment experience and motivation.
Transfer Students—General Admission Standards
- Good standing at last accredited institution attended
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in all college-level studies
NOTE: Transferable hours are restricted to courses in which the applicant earned a grade of "C" or higher, and courses at the 100-level (and above) from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early to ensure admission.
Applications received after the following deadlines may be wait-listed pending an opening:
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: November 1
- Summer semester: April 1
Once admitted, students receive notification from the University as well as their University ID number needed to activate their Sycamore login on the MyISU Portal. The Portal offers access to online registration, University records, and other important University services, including e-mail, and University announcements.
NOTE: Returning ISU students must apply for re-admission if they have not attended ISU for more than two calendar years.