The online LPN/LVN to BSN Program is open to eligible in-state and many out-of-state applicants. The program is closed to all students (including U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members) residing in a country other than the United States.
Admission—Minimum Requirements for LPN/LVN to BSN Program
- Completion of the University's LPN Transcript Evaluation Request.
- Current unrestricted Indiana LPN/LVN license or equivalent in the geographical location where the student will be doing his/her preceptorship or clinical practicum.
NOTE: An applicant may only be admitted if the nine (9) nursing prerequisites are completed and the transcripts are housed with the Admissions Office. The applicant must have an official LPN/LVN license number to complete the online University application.
- A minimum of 2.75 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in the nine (9) nursing prerequisites ONLY.
- Completion of a practical nursing program.
Note: The application of a graduate from a practical nursing program that is not state accredited will be evaluated on an individual basis. Credits earned at another college or university will be evaluated on an individual basis in accordance with the University and nursing program policies. Individuals who have a current active LPN/LVN license but have no college credit will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Deadlines for application to the Nursing Program are as follows:
May 1 for Fall Admission Consideration / Semester Start
- Transcripts must be submitted for evaluation by April 1
October 1 for Spring Admission Consideration / Semester Start
- Transcripts must be submitted for evaluation by September 1
Please note that this is a competitive process. The LPN to BSN program admits 50 applicants to the program each Fall and Spring cycle. Only complete nursing program applications are considered for admission into the LPN-BSN Track.
For further instructions, visit the Nursing Program.