You are here
The non-degree application is for applicants who wish to take courses for credit—but do not intend to pursue an Indiana State University degree.
Submit application materials to:
Office of Admissions
Indiana State University
John W. Moore Welcome Center
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA 47809-1904
Applicants normally receive a response within two weeks of receipt of all application materials, including:
- Application. Apply online. Walks-ins also welcomed.
- Copy of alien registration card (green card) if applicable.
- $25.00 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID)
Upon completion of the admission process, students will receive (via regular postal service) instructions for activating their Sycamore login on the MyISU Portal and registration instructions. Students who need to register—and have not yet received this information—should contact the Office of Admissions (at right) for assistance.
- An application for non-degree study is only valid for one fall, one spring, or both summer terms.
- Non-degree students must reapply before the beginning of each semester of intended enrollment; however, no application fee is charged when students reapply.
- Non-degree students may enroll in up to six hours for any given term.
- Registration is on a space available basis.
- For class schedules, instructions, and important dates, visit registration.
IMPORTANT: Students who wish to enroll in Indiana State courses for the purpose of transfer to other institutions should check with advisors (at those institutions) to ensure transferability and applicability of each course to their particular program of study.
Credit earned in non-degree status may be applied to an Indiana State degree program; however the University cannot guarantee applicability.