Indiana Core 40
Listed below are courses included in the Indiana Core 40 curriculum.
- Language Arts. Eight credits in literature, composition, speech.
- Mathematics. Six to eight credits from Algebra I and II, geometry, trigonometry, calculus.
- Science. Six credits in laboratory science divided as follows:
: Two credits--biology
: Two credits--chemistry or physics
: Two credits--advanced biology, chemistry, physics, or earth/space science
- Social Sciences. Six credits as follows:
: Two credits--U.S. history
: One credit--U.S. government
: One credit--economics
: One credit--world history and/or geography
: One additional course from above or other social studies areas
- Directed Electives. Eight credits of additional courses in the above subject areas or courses
in computer applications, fine arts, foreign languages, or a technical career area.
- Physical Education. One credit (two semesters).
- Health / Safety. One credit (one semesters)
- Electives. Two to four more credits from any courses offered at the high school.
Last updated: 17 June 2013