Skip to Main Content
Professional Development Resources
Career Search 3
Step 2: Research and Network
NETWORKING is the center of your search strategy
- Always be prepared – have business cards and copies of your resume with you at all times
- Stay in contact with your contacts! Keep them informed
- When contacting new people, let them know how you were referred to them
- Ask for information, not a job!
- Look for opportunities to give something back
- Keep your promises – follow up!
- USE YOUR MENTOR!!