1918 -- Commerce Department formed by Indiana State Normal School; Commerce Department was located in Old Main and chaired by Shepherd Young.
1923 -- First undergraduate degree in commerce awarded to Herman Boyle, who eventually retired as an executive of Standard Oil Company.
1934 -- Establish Chi Chapter of Pi Omega Pi, which promotes scholarship in business education.
1940 -- Commerce Department moved to second floor of Fine Arts and Commerce Building.
1948 -- Graduate programs added.
1952 -- Programs in business administration added.
1962 -- Department moved to renovated Science Building on north side of the quadrangle (formerly Classroom Building)
1962-1964 -- Commerce Department name changed to Department of Business Education and again to the Division of Business
1964 -- School of Business created with Dr. Paul Muse as dean.
1969 -- First MBA degrees awarded; facilities expanded by adding fourth floor to business building.
1980 -- Relocation to Statesman Towers on Sycamore between 8th and 9th streets.
1980 -- Granted undergraduate business accreditation by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
1981 -- Established Beta Gamma Sigma (highest national recognition business student can receive)
1983 -- Full accreditation received for master's program by AACSB.
1988 -- Insurance and Risk Management Program initiated -- offering major and minor
1989 -- College of Business celebrates 25th anniversary; full re-accreditation granted.
1999 -- Gongaware Center (established with $5 million gift from Donald and Pat Gongaware)
2003 -- Networks Financial Institute established with a $20 million Lilly Endowment grant.
2004 -- School of Business name changed to College of Business.
2007 - Networks Financial Institute receives $3 million grant from the Lilly Endowment
2007 -- Financial Trading Room opens; Minas Center for Investment and Financial Education established
2009 -- Sales and Negotiations Center created
2009 -- ISU trustees approve naming college the Scott College of Business
2010 -- State Budget Committee approves Scott College building project
2010 -- Lilly Endowment awards Networks Financial Institute $6 million
2011 -- Scott College adopts new Strategic Plan
2011 -- College recognized in top tier for "best business programs" by US News & World Report
2012 -- Dr. Brien Smith named Dean of the Scott College of Business
2012 -- Students and faculty move into new home in downtown Terre Haute -- Federal Hall
2012 -- Scott College's Buttonwood Sculpture installed
2012 -- University dedicates Federal Hall as the new home for the Scott College of Business
2012 -- Lilly Endowment awards Networks Financial Institute $3 million grant