zhiyong (john) liu
Associate Professor, Insurance & Risk Management
- B.A.: Economics, Wuhan University, 1993
- M.A.: Economics, Peking University, 1996
- Ph.D.: Managerial Economics & Strategy, Kellogg School of
Management, Northwestern University, 2005
- Assistant Professor of Risk Management & Insurance, Georgia
State University, 2005-2011;
- Teaching Assistant, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern
- Lecturer of Economics, Tsinghua University, 1996-1998;
- Risk management and insurance
- Law and economics
- "Ex Ante versus Ex Post Expectation Damages," with
Ronen Avraham, International Review of Law
and Economics, December 2012, Volume 32,
Issue 4, Lead Article, Page 339-355.
- "Abuse of Market Dominance under China’s 2007
Anti-monopoly Law: A Preliminary Assessment" (with Yue
Volume 41, Issues 1-2, Pgs. 77-107.
- "Private Information and the Option to Not Sue: A
Re-evaluation of Contract Remedies" (with Ronen Avraham),
Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization,
April 2012, Volume 28,
Issue 1, Pgs. 77-102.
- "Incomplete Contracts with Asymmetric Information:
Exclusive versus Optional Remedies" (with Ronen Avraham),
American Law and Economics Review,
Volume 8, Issue 3, Pgs. 523-561.
- "Increased Hurricane Risk and Insurance Market Responses"
(with Martin Grace and Robert Klein),
Journal of Insurance Regulation,
2005, Volume 24, Issue 2, Pgs. 3-32.
- "Stackelberg Leadership with Demand Uncertainty,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
July 2005, Volume 26, Pgs. 345-350.
- "Product Market Competition and Corporate Demand for
Insurance," with Hae Won Jung.
- "Multimarket Exit, Strategic Merger and Collusion,"
revise and resubmit.
grants and awards
- Research Initiation Grant, Georgia
State University, 2009-2010
- Robinson College of Business Summer
Research Grant, 2006, 2007, 2008