Skip to Main Content
Susan M. Moncada, Ph.D., CPA
- B.A.E.: University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- M.B.A.: Eastern Illinois University
- Ph.D.: University of Illinois
- CPA: Illinois Department of Financial and
- Illinois Standard Elementary and Secondary Teaching Certificates
- Accounting information systems, not-for profit accounting, accounting principles I and
- Curriculum and instruction in accounting, innovative teaching methods, personality type
theory, communication skills
- Moncada, S.M., Moncada, T.P. & Moncada, E.A. (Winter, 2009).
“Tax-Exempt Entities: Form 990 and the Impact of New Reporting
Requirements.” International Journal of Business, Accounting, and
Finance, Vol. 3, No. 1. pp. 28-40.
- Moncada, S.M. & Moncada, T.P. (October 28, 2008),
“Skillfully Teaching Accounting and Finance Concepts Using Digital
Learning Objects.” Presentation with article published in the
proceedings of the International Academy of Business and Public
Administration Disciplines, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 239-242. ISSN
1547-4836, Memphis, TN.
- Moncada, S.M., & Moncada, T.P. (2008). “MERLOT: New Features and
Added Benefits for Accounting and Finance Educators.” Presentation
and article published in the proceedings of the Allied Academies,
Vol. 13, No 1, pp. 47-52, Allied Academies/Whitney Press, April 2-4,
2008, Tunica, MS.
- Moncada, S. M. (Summer 2005). Accounting and Financial Issues: Á
Comparison of Nonprofit Executive Directors’ and Board Members’
Perceptions.” Journal of Accounting and Finance Research, Vol. 13,
- Moncada, S.M. & Harmon, M. (Fall 2004). “Test Item Quality: An
Assessment of Accounting Test Banks,” Journal of Accounting and
Finance Research. Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 28-39.
- Moncada, S. M. (February, 2004). “Energizing Business Classes
With a Taste of MERLOT,” Research Journal of Business Disciplines.
Vol. 10, pp. 85-91.
awards and honors
International House Cup, Multimedia Educational Resources for
Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT), Service Award (August 8,
- IABPAD Research Award, “Skillfully Teaching
Accounting and Finance Concepts Using Digital Learning Objects,”
International Academy of Business & Public Administration
Disciplines (October 27, 2008).
MERLOT Volunteer of the Year, MERLOT, July 27,
- Excellence in Service Faculty Recognition Award,
College of business, 2004
- Excellence in Teaching Faculty Recognition Award,
College of Business, 2001