William J. Wilhelm, Ed.D.
Business Education, Information & Technology
- Ed.D.: Arizona State University
- Ed.M.: Arizona State University
- B.S.: Ohio State University
- Determinants of moral reasoning and pedagogical practices for
teaching ethics in business
- Personal financial literacy
- Business report writing, spreadsheet and database applications,
teaching methods in business subjects
- Entry-level workplace skills
- Ethical reasoning development
- Performance learning and assessment
- "Perceived Decision-Making Pressures on Community Bank Chief
Executives," with William C. Minnis, Journal of the North American
Management Society, Summer 2013, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 98-107.
- "Financial Decision Making: A Study of Board Room
Decision-Making Dynamics," Delta Pi Epsilon Journal, Spring/Summer
2012, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 27-40. Association for Research in
Business Education - Delta Pi Epsilon Independent Research Award,
April 2014. Received Association for Research in Business Education
- Delta Pi Epsilon Independent Research Award, April 2014
- "Ethics Instruction and Cultural Differences in an MBA
Management Accounting Course," with Alan Czyzewski, The Coastal
Business Journal, Spring 2012, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 100-108,
available online at
- "Ethical Reasoning Instruction in Undergraduate Cost Accounting:
A Non-Intrusive Approach," with Alan Czyzewski, Academy of
Educational Leadership Journal (AELJ), 2012, vol. 16, no. 2, pp.
131-142. Also featured in Delta Pi Epsilon Book of Readings 2010,
Delta Pi Epsilon National Conference. Little Rock, AR. 2010.
- “Ethical Reasoning Instruction in Non-Ethics Business Courses:
A Non-Intrusive Approach,” Delta Pi Epsilon Journal, 2010, vol. 52,
no. 3, pp. 152-167.
- “Oops! Wrong Attachment,” William Wilhelm & Jeffrey Harper in
Case Studies in Computer Ethics, Peter F. Meggison, Editor. Little
Rock, AR: Delta Pi Epsilon, 2010, 38-42.
- Economics and Personal Finance Education, 2009 National Business
Education Association Yearbook, William Wilhelm, Editor. Reston,
VA: NBEA, No. 47, 2009.
- "A Study of Electronic Detection and Pedagogical Approaches for
Reducing Plagiarism," with Chia-An Chao and Brian Neurether, Delta
Pi Epsilon Journal, 2009, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 32-43.
Instruction in Ethical Reasoning into Undergraduate Business Courses," Journal of
Business Ethics Education, 2008, vol. 5.
- "Marketing" Chapter 17 in Effective Methods of Teaching Business Education
in the Twenty-First Century : National Business Education Association Yearbook, No. 46
- Indiana State University Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Conference,
"Workplace Conflicts," April 2008.
- Rolls-Royce North America 2007 Local Ethics Officers Conference, "Ethical Decision
Making: Heuristics and Biases," Indianapolis, April 2007.
- National Business Education Association Annual Conference, "Building Business Teacher
Education," New York, April 2007.
- Indiana State University Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Conference, "Decision
Making in an Ethical Dilemma," March 2007.
- Indiana State University Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Conference, "The
Real World of ECOs (Ethics and Compliance Officers," March 2007.
Awards & Recognitions
- Delta Pi Epsilon Independent Research Award, 2008
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Distinguished Member, 2006
- Lilly Endowment Indiana State University Promising Scholar:
Received $15,000 grant for research in business ethics education, 2006-2007
- Indiana State University College of Business Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005
- Nominated for National Business Education Association Collegiate
Teacher of the Year by the Board of the Indiana Business Education Association, 2003-2004