Undergraduate Student Services Office (USSO)
College of Business students receive program of study information in
the Undergraduate Student Services Office (Room 124, Federal Hall). Freshmen
students are advised in the University College while sophomores and a
few upperclassmen are advised by the academic advisors
Lindsay and Bobbie Bakker,
as well as the peer advisor in the
Undergraduate Student Services Office. Upperclassmen and assigned a
faculty advisor prior to their junior year.
The primary objectives of the
USSO are to:
- Advise freshmen and sophomores (students are transferred to faculty
advisors at the beginning of their junior year), new transfer students,
and students with academic problems.
- Oversee the New Student Advising and Registration Program (NEW
STUDENT ORIENTATION) for the College of Business.
- Serve as student services liaison with all other units on campus.
- Prepare senior checkouts.
- Certify completion of requirements for graduation.
- Evaluate transfer credit.
- Advise Distance Education, Transfer, and DegreeLink students in the
- Oversee Degree Audit Report System (DARS) and MySAM implementation.
- Recruit students by meeting with them visiting high school advisors and teachers and
communicating with prospects and admitted students.
- Assess the quality of advising in the Scott College of Business.
- Answer faculty advisor questions.
For further information contact:
Lindsay, Assistant Director
Adams, Administrative Assistant