You are here
Sales and Negotiations Center
Indiana State Among ‘Top Universities for Professional Sales Education’
The Indiana State University Sales and Negotiations Center has been recognized by the Sales Education Foundation among the "Top Universities for Professional Sales Education" in the organization's 2017 magazine, “Annual.”
Recent research suggests that 60 percent of all business majors and 88 percent of all marketing majors begin their professional careers in a sales-related role. Indiana State graduates are achieving a 100 percent placement rate within three months of finishing their degree.
Elevator Pitch Competition
The Sales and Negotiations Center would like to say thank you to all who competed in the First Annual ISU Sales & Negotiations Center Elevator Pitch Competition this week. It was a very successful competition that featured very intelligent students with bright futures ahead of them.
Please join us in congratulating the winner of the competition – Taylor Haneline, and the runner up David Kennel.
In addition to these two, the final four of the competition included Kendall Brown and Allison Crick.
Our top 8 semifinalists included the following four additional participants:
We also want to recognize those that participated in the quarter finals:
Congratulations on a job well done!
<< More Photos >>
If you have any questions about the competition please email the Sales and Negotiations Center at ISU-SNC@indstate.edu
Since its founding in early 2010, the Sales and Negotiations Center at Indiana State University has carved a niche in sales education and enabled the Scott College of Business to achieve national recognition as an emerging leader within this important profession. We have been honored as a "top sales university" by the Sales Education Foundation, and have achieved full member status in the University Sales Center Alliance (USCA).
You can keep track of happenings at Sales and Negotiations on our social media platforms.
Contact: Dr. David Fleming,
Director, Sales and Negotiations Center, Indiana State University
Phone: 812-237-2286 or 812-264-1075
Spring 2017 Class Speaking Opportunities (For Center Partners Only)
- April 20 – 2-5 Pm: Sales Management – Recruiting, Selection, Training & Leadership
- May 4 – 2-5 Pm: Sales Management – Motivating, Rewarding & Evaluating
About the Indiana State University Sales and Negotiations Center
- The Sales and Negotiations Center at Indiana State is one of only 23 full members in the University Sales Center Alliance (USCA)
- The mission of the USCA is to advance the sales profession through academic leadership: education, research, and outreach. (www.universitysalescenteralliance.org)
- Employers interested in recruiting college graduates uniquely prepared for success in sales positions should consider graduates from our programs.
- Graduates from sales programs like the one at Indiana State are 30% more likely to stay in the first year and ramp up their productivity 50% faster than their counterparts who were not part of a sales program (Sales Education Foundation)
- The Sales and Negotiations Center can also provide sales and negotiation training and consulting services for interested companies.
Indiana State University's Sales & Negotiations Center
is a Full Member of the USCA.