elsie e. taylor memorial scholarship
- Excellent academic
achievement in the field of major studies.
- Good personality
and human relation skills.
- Active membership
and leadership in activities which would enhance teaching
- Commitment to
business teacher education.
The Elsie E. Taylor Memorial Scholarship in Business Education was
established in memory of Elsie E. Taylor, an outstanding professional
secretary and court reporter, by her husband, Dr. Chester G. Taylor, a
loyal ISU alumnus who earned both the bachelor's (1953) and master's
(1954) degrees at Indiana State University.
Mrs. Taylor had served, in her last position, as court reporter
for the Monroe County Circuit Court in Bloomington, Indiana.
Her husband, Dr. Taylor, had owned and operated a machine shop in
Gary, was a teacher at Hammond Technical High School, and was director
of Vocation and Adult Education in the Bloomington, Indiana school
system at the time of his retirement.
Dr. Taylor died in May 1997.
- Elizabeth Cripe, 2012
- Tony McCarter, 2011
- Kacie Bennell, 2010
- Richard Blair, 2009
- Robert Heller, Heather Lark, Rebecca Milner, Jennifer Smith,
- Robert Heller, 2007
- Mallory Bannon, Emily Bromm, 2006
- Brandon Haston, Matthew Lutton, 2005
- Jessica Burch, Andrew Dunn, Bart Jochim, 2004
- Shanna Brames, Brandon Frye, Melissa McIntire, Jamie Wagner,
- Shanna R. Brames, Amanda S. Nicholson, Robin L. Smith,
Christopher J. Street, 2002