Rex Breeden Scholarship Program
Rex E. Breeden is a 1942 graduate of ISU. After serving with the U.S. Navy during the World War II, he returned to Columbus, Indiana to begin his successful career in business management and ownership. Mr. Breeden served as a member of the ISU Board of Trustees from 1973 to 1992. He was honored in 1988 with the ISU Distinguished Alumni Award.
The Rex E. Breeden Endowment was originally established by Mr. Breeden in 1991 as a scholarship for worthy students graduating from Columbus East High School, Columbus North High School and Springs Valley High School and enrolled at Indiana State University.
Recognizing the changing educational environment and the importance of experiential learning, Mr. Breeden revised the criteria in 2010 to provide internship scholarships to students in the College of Arts and Sciences.
|9/14/2012 4:30 p.m.
||1/25/2013 4:30 p.m.
||4/5/2013 4:30 p.m.
- Currently enrolled student at ISU
- 2.5 GPA
- Classified as a Junior or Senior with more than 62 credit hours
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Turn in completed and signed copies of the internship application and internship agreement with attached job description, cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation to the Career Center
- Completion of requirements as stated by employer and faculty sponsor in job description
- Completion of both student and supervisor evaluation
- Completion of a total of 300 hours
- Complete the internship agreement/application, checklist, and recommendation form: Internship Agreement Form
- Bring the completed and signed application and internship agreement forms with attached job description, cover letter, resume, checklist and Recommendation Form to the Career Center for processing