You are here
Student Employment Programs
Indiana State University students often work in jobs on the University campus and in the Terre Haute community.
Many benefits exist for students who can balance the demands of work and school. Students who successfully manage classroom and employment commitments are much more likely to impress employers by demonstrating strong time-management skills. Working on campus or in the community also helps students connect with resources which may help them with challenges in and out of the classroom.
Provide efficient and reliable support to student employees and supervisors throughout the employment process.
Help students, student employees, and supervisors locate quality candidates through calculated interactions and professional development provided by Student Employment Programs to efficiently hire, train, and build our students’ confidence, career readiness and make connections between collegiate employment and full time employment following graduation.
- Provide professional development opportunities to students and supervisors.
- Enhance student employment positions.
- Create new opportunities to increase quality interactions between students and Student Employment Programs.
- Help students connect Student Employment positions to career goals.
- Enhance the student employment experience from applicant to employee
As a result of the Indiana Immigration Bill signed into law by Governor Daniels on May 10, 2011, ISU is required to become an E-Verify employer effective July 1, 2011. For more information about E-Verify, visit the E-Verify page.