The Distinguished Student Assistant Awards are designed to honor the students who support the work of the university through their employment with academic departments, administrative offices and off campus community service agencies. These students make vital contributions to the university and the community.
We will be honoring our best student assistants of 2014-2015 on Tuesday, April 14, 2015. The ceremony/ reception will be held in HMSU Dede I from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. with the most distinguished students receiving a certificate and a gift. Students selected for the Most Distinguished Student Assistant in their category will proceed for Regional recognition with the Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators (MASEA). Finalist from MASEA will proceed for National recognition with the National Student Employment Association (NSEA).
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or greater.
- Students must have completed the Online Student Employment Programs Orientation via Sycamore eLearning.
- Students must have been employed for a minimum of six months between June 1, 2014 and May 31, 2015 (anticipated).
Students may be nominated in one of six categories. These categories are:
- Less than one year of service
- Two years of service
- Three years of service
- More than three years of service
- Graduate Assistant
- Student Assistant Team of the Year
Students will be evaluated on the following characteristics:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
Student Information needed to complete the nomination form:
- 991 number
- Current Cumulative GPA
- Banner Position Number
- Year in School
A panel of judges will select the most distinguished student assistant in each category. The judging panel consists of five individuals, including representatives from faculty, administrative staff, support staff, and students. Each judge will rate the nominations independently. Ratings will be combined to determine the student to be honored in each category.
Multiple nominations are permitted, but the strongest nominations are those that have broad support. Please confer with other staff in your area before making a nomination.
Nominations are due February 13, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. Nominations received after 4:30 p.m. on February 13, 2015 will not be considered. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact Tradara McLaurine via email Tradara.McLaurine@indstate.edu or 812-237-2584.
The Career Center is managing the nomination process. The recognition and awards reception will be coordinated by the Career Center.
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION TODAY!
Past Award Recipients
2014 Student Assistant Recognition Ceremony
- Less than one year of service: Kelsi Perrott
- Two years of service: Sean Carey, Jacob Rowe
- Three years of service: Sammi Lindauer
- More than three years of service: Travis Napier
- Graduate Assistant: Sarah Balana Molter, Brittani Wolfe
- Student Assistant Team of the Year: Christopher Stevens, Jake Pruett, Lee Reynolds, Rebecca DeCamp, Rex Hammond
2013 Student Assistant Recognition Ceremony
- Less than one year of service: James Hardy
- Two years of service: Lee Reynolds
- Three years of service: Steven Flowers
- More than three years of service: Lee Johns
- Graduate Assistant: Sowmya Challa
- Student Assistant Team of the Year : Angela Lewis, Ashley Sanders, Brittany Kelley
- Customer Service: Amanda Westrich
- Self-Starter: Amanda Hubbard
2012 Student Assistant Recognition Ceremony
- Less than one year of service: Jordan Isaacs
- Two years of service: Kasey Kahle
- Three years of service: Anthony Gochenour
- More than three years of service: Joshua Strain
- Graduate Assistant: Dimitri Morson
2011 Student Assistant Recognition Ceremony
- Less than one year of service: David Walters
- Two years of service: Lana Schrock
- Three years of service: Abigail Carver
- Graduate Assistant: Reema Lamichhane