The Sycamore Career Ready Certificate is a means to enhance students’ preparation for professional work in the competencies identified below. This certification will provide employers insight into participants’ level of preparation and professionalism, and will encourage participants to gain valuable experiences to prepare them for their career. Completion of this certificate program does not guarantee employment.
In order to earn the Sycamore Career Ready Certificate, students must:
- Complete all Required activities and choose from the Optional activities listed in the “Completion Checklist” linked below.
- Complete all requirements prior to graduation. Most participants will take two years to complete the program, but it can be accomplished in a shorter timeframe. It is recommended that students register for the program by the end of their sophomore year.
- Meet with a career advisor once per semester to evaluate progress in the program. It is recommended students have regular contact via email and phone.
- Sycamore Career Ready Certificate awarded by the ISU Career Center
- Opportunity to list program completion on resume and in Co-Curricular Record
- Resume posted in Sycamore Career Ready online resume book (distributed to employers)
- Exclusive admission to the Career Opportunity Fair pre-event networking breakfast
- Recognition at a Sycamore Career Ready Certificate luncheon
- Career Kit – collection of employment tools: portfolio, business cards and case, and other professional gifts
Frequently Asked Questions
The Blackboard “course” Sycamore Career Ready – NOC-SCR will be used to track completion of activities by your career advisor. All registered students will be enrolled in the Sycamore Career Ready course in Blackboard, and career advisors will coordinate tracking for their students.
Please see the Completion Checklist for a list of requirements.
Blackboard will be used to:
- Communicate with students about upcoming program events and opportunities
- Record attendance/completion of each activity
To register for the Sycamore Career Ready Certificate Program, please complete the registration form below. Each participant will be assigned a career advisor to monitor progress and advise him/her concerning career development and program requirements. Your assigned career advisor will be in touch with you after registration to review the program and get you started. Registration will be documented in each student’s profile in Sycamore Career Link.
- Early notification of upcoming Career Center events
- Opportunity to complete a prescribed course of career development competencies
- Increased chances of obtaining success in meeting employers, using effective job search tools and enhancing written and verbal communication skills expected from employers in the job search
- Greater exposure to employers and community leaders