You are here
Thesis & Dissertation Deadlines & FAQ's
Earth and Environmental Systems Thesis/Dissertation Deadline & FAQ page
Format Review Due Dates; Final manuscript must be given to Suzanne by the following dates:
|Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Summer 2018|
|Format Review Due||October 13th||March 16th||June 12th|
Questions about approval process
Format review approval steps (each area has their own deadlines)
- Review is first approved by your chair/committee
- Secondly the manuscript is approved by the EES Department Chairperson
- After any chair revisions the draft is sent to CAS
- Draft is reviewed by 2 people in CAS
- After Dean's office revisions they will send it to CGPS
- CGPS reviews then approves final
- Upload approved and signed off manuscript to UMI
- What needs to be sent with the draft?
- Thesis/Dissertation approval form
- CAS Student Responsibilities form must accompany draft and be initialed and signed by the student
- How will they (each area) contact me?
- Each area will contact you using your ISU email
Questions about the draft you turn in
How do I submit my draft for review
- Printed: must be in color and unbound or
- Email: send PDF to Suzanne
- I only had comments on the first 10 pages, is that all I have to revise?
- CAS reviewers will send back the manuscript with changes marked for only the first 10 pages if it has too many errors.
- If nothing has been stated beyond those pages the reviewer stopped due to too many issues.
- Their expectation (CAS) is for you to fix the 10 pages and check the rest of the manuscript for similar issues.
- CAS might refer you to the writing center if they feel it is necessary.
- After CAS revisions does my committee or the department chair need to review the draft again?
- No, after approval has been met by an area they do not need to review the draft again.
- When am I allowed to upload my final manuscript
- CGPS will give you an email notification letting you know that you are approved for UMI submission?
- Does the department need a final copy?
- Yes, after you submit your final thesis/dissertation to UMI please send a PDF of the final manuscript to Suzanne