Graduate students now have access to the Degree Audit and Reporting System (DARS). If you used DARS as an undergraduate, it works much the same, but it is not identical.
Obtaining and Using the DARS Report
Log in to your MyISU portal and follow
the links to access and print your DARS
Print your DARS Report.
Make certain that it shows the correct degree program (MS or MA) that you wish to pursue. If not, go to the SOGS website and download an Application for Change in Program/Specialization and/or Advisor form. Complete this form and submit it to your advisor.
Your DARS report also shows your advisor’s name.
Item 6 of your DARS report (on page 2) begins the Plan of Study. Read it.
In Item 7, check your selected Program Concentration. If you don’t know which area you’d like to pursue, contact your advisor.
Item 8 allows you to enter by hand any courses that you would like to transfer to ISU from another graduate program. It also has space to enter any course substitutions made or to be made. During your first semester, you only need to pay attention to the following information if you wish to transfer courses to ISU.
You have completed your initial Plan of Study.
At this time, the DARS Report does not “automatically” show the Concentration that you indicate, specific courses that were transferred, or how courses were substituted.
When you register for the first course in your Concentration, though, the section showing any other concentration will disappear from the report. We hope to be able to enter the other information in the future so that it shows on your DARS Report after you complete your initial POS in your first semester.
Upon Applying for Graduation
· During the semester in which you plan to graduate, print another copy of your DARS report and fill in any substitutions or transfers that were made.
· Submit the Application for Graduation.
· You are responsible for completing the final POS and Application for Graduation, and submitting both items to your advisor at least 2 weeks before the deadline posted on the SOGPS website for the semester in which you wish to graduate. (This allows time for processing within the department.)
· Check the culminating experience you have selected. For the MS, it will be either the Research Project or Comprehensive Exam. For the MA, no selection is offered, because the culminating experience is the Thesis.
· Sign it and submit it to your advisor along with your Application for Graduation. Your advisor will process the Application for Graduation and submit it to SOGPS.
· Once the culminating experience has been completed, your advisor will enter the completion date on the DARS Report/POS and submit it to SOGPS to verify completion of all degree requirements.
|Copyright © Indiana State University|