Center for Student Success
STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
To enhance the academic, physical, and social development of Indiana State University student-athletes, as well as, foster an active communication network between these student-athletes, administration, campus, and community.
The name of the body, whose purpose is to serve as a forum for
discussion of legitimate matters which come before it, is the Sycamore Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
The SAAC shall be composed of two (2) representatives chosen yearly from each varsity sport. All officers shall be chosen yearly by SAAC representatives.
Section 2: Qualifications for representation
- There shall be 20 members as each sport have two (2) representatives. Criterion for representatives mandates that the representative is a letter winner, is in good academic standing, and has been recommended by the athletics department or SAAC member.
- Officers must have a minimum of one year experience on the SAAC.
Section 3: Responsibilities
- Attendance: Each member is required to attend all SAAC meetings. If absence is unavoidable, the representative shall notify the President or the Advisor in advance.
- In the event of two unexcused absences, the representative shall no longer be allowed to serve as a SAAC representative. An alternate will then be chosen as a replacement.
- Committees: SAAC members will serve on standing sub-committees, as well as, ad hoc committees that may be established throughout their respective terms.
- Team Representatives: In the spring, the current SAAC will announce a call for nominations of new team representatives. Nominations shall be made through current SAAC members and/or athletics department staff.
STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTE
presenting a check to the CHILDREN'S MUSEM.