Center for Student Success
ISU 2013 LEAP Laptop Requirements
What Five things should I do to My Laptop Prior to Arriving for LEAP?
- Prior to arriving to LEAP you should have a Laptop capable of running
Standard ISU Software.
Minimum Laptop Hardware Requirements.
- Operating System | Windows XP SP2 or higher (Windows 8 not fully supported)
- Processor Speed | 2.0GHz Processor or higher
- Memory | 4Gb Memory
- Storage/Hard Drive Size | 120 GB Hard Drive or higher
- Wireless | Wireless Connectivity (802.11 b/g minimum)
- Laptop Condition | Working with no errors during startup and use
- Battery | In good working condition
- Antivirus | Antivirus will be supplied by ISU at no additional cost
- All disks that came with the laptop | In case you have problems (if available)
The link listed below will take you to the current ISU recommended Laptop from Lenovo. Once you have navigated
to the page, you will need to click the Icon labeled “Your Laptops” on the lower left half of the web page to see
the two options ISU recommends.
- Install Microsoft Office 2010 –
You can get the MS Office 2010 installer by accessing the ISU downloads page at http://downloads.indstate.edu, once you have navigated to the page you must login with your ISU Portal ID to download the MS office 2010 installer.
- Run the ISU Wireless WPA setup Script –
The Script is available on the ISU downloads page at http://downloads.indstate.edu.
If you wish to manually setup the ISU-OIT-WPA Wireless Connection you can get instructions at the following link
- Install Pharos Wireless Printing Software –
You can access the Pharos installer by accessing the ISU downloads page at http://downloads.indstate.edu,
once you have navigated to the page you must login with your ISU Portal ID to download the installer.
Install ALEKS Browser Plugin –
You can downloads the installer from http://www.aleks.com/downloads.
Note: You need to have java installed to download the ALEKS installer
http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp. Once you have navigated to the ALEKS download site click the “Download” button.
You will then be prompted to agree to the EULA for ALEKS Plug-In. Java will then request to run the Browser Check script.
Next you will be prompted to save the aleks318.exe file to your machine. After the Plugin has completed downloading,
run the executable and follow the prompts until the installation has completed.
NOTE!! STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PERFORM
DOWNLOADS UNTIL JULY 5!!
Call the ISU Help Desk at 812-237-2910 for assistance. If you are still having issues, these will be resolved when students come to LEAP.