Center for Student Success
ITEMS PROVIDED AND ITEMS TO BRING
What is Provided
- Sheets, pillow case and pillow
- Program Activity costs
Living Space Accommodations
LEAP will be housed in Erickson Hall. The
amenities include air conditioned student rooms, TV lounge, floor
lounges, centralized laundry facilities, meeting spaces, and a vending
area. Erickson offers enhanced student rooms equipped with one wired
Ethernet outlet, basic cable TV, and a telephone jack (which can be
activated for an additional charge). Wireless Internet service is
provided throughout the building. Student rooms are double occupancy
and air conditioned with individual room control. Rooms have an XL twin
bed, desk, chair and wardrobe for each student. Four restrooms/shower
rooms are located on each floor. Each is assigned to and has limited
access to approximately 6-8 student rooms per facility.
Things to Bring
- Laptop computer -- Make sure this is charged and ready to use Sunday evening!!
- Closed-toe athletic style shoes.
Failure to bring these will prevent students from participating in the mandatory week-end Skills Development sessions.
Your student ID
School supplies – notebooks, paper, binders, pencils, pens, small stapler
- Flash drive
- Towels, washcloths, soap
- Toilet paper, paper towels, bathroom cleaning supplies
- Laundry bag or basket, detergent
- Rolls of quarters for laundry
- Spending money for snacks, miscellaneous items
- Snacks – (Meals are provided, but bring snacks and eating utensils.)
- Waste basket
- Key chain
- Desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Cell phone and charger
Medical kit: aspirin and/or ibuprofen, band-aids, antibiotic ointment, tweezers, reusable hot/cold pack, anti-diarrhea medicine, antihistamine, decongestant, antacid, throat spray/lozenges, cough medicine, tissue and any prescription medicines.
Casual clothes-In addition to shorts, t-shirts, sandals, etc., include
- a bathing suit and beach towel
- lightweight jacket
You May Bring
- TV, ipod with headphones, stereo ( There is a TV in the common lounge.)
- Microwave (There is a microwave and stove in common kitchen.)
- Compact refrigerator, max. capacity of 1.5 amp.
Things To Leave at Home
- Hot surfaced appliances, (hot plates, George Foreman grills, electric frying pans)
- Halogen lamps