Burning a CD or DVD
To Burn a CD Using Windows CD Writing Wizard
(View the movie)
- Insert a blank CD-RW, CD-R, or DVD into the CD disk drive of your computer.
- On your desktop, click on My Computer.
- Once My Computer opens, double click on your CD Drive icon
(one of the icons below) to open it.
- You will see that your drive is empty because the CD is
blank. You must add the files you want to burn to this drive.
- Find the files you want to add to the CD queue by going to
the left hand side of the screen and look under the section
called Other Places. If your documents are stored under
My Documents then click on My Documents. If they are on another
drive, go to My Computer and choose the drive where your files
are located. In this illustration, the files are stored in My
- Select the file or folder you want to add to the queue and
copy it by either pressing Control+C on the keyboard OR
right click on the file or folder and choose Copy. The
highlighted folder in this illustration will be copied.
- Return to My Computer and then double click on the CD drive icon again.
- Paste your folder (or file) to the CD drive by either right
clicking on the drive window and choosing Paste OR press
Control+V to paste.
- On the left hand side of the screen under CD Writing Tasks,
click Write these files to CD.
- The CD Writing Wizard will launch with a Welcome Screen.
Give your CD a name or accept the default which is the date.
Then click Next.
- The following screen appears and your files begin to write
to the CD. An estimated time line is visible.
- A message appears indicating that “You have successfully
written your files to the CD”. Click Finish to close the
- To check the files on the CD you just burned, go to My
Computer, double click on the CD drive icon, and then open each
of the files on your CD to see that they will open correctly and
that all the information was recorded accurately. It is best to
check the CD on another computer to make sure all files burned
correctly before ever deleting these original files from your
Back to top
Burning CDs with RecordNow!
- Start the RecordNow! software by double-clicking on the
desktop icon or go to Start, All Programs, RecordNow!
- Select the HOME tab from the start screen.
- From the Quick Start Links, select a type of disc to
- Select Add Files and Folders
- Select the files and folders to be burned. You may highlight
multiple files by using the control key. After selections are
complete, click BURN.
- Insert a blank media disc and click OK.
- When burning is complete, select DONE.
Back to top