Getting Started With Your ThinkPad
Adding or Changing Your Wireless Access Connection
You may choose to use another
wireless connection when you are
off-campus such as at home, at a
coffee shop, or at a hotel.
Follow these directions to find
and save another access
connection besides ISU.
(Click to View the Video)
- To begin, double-click the ThinkVantage Access Connection
icon on your toolbar.
- The ThinkVantage windows will open. Click the Find
- A list of available list networks is compiled. The one with
the red dot in the antenna is the one you are currently
connected to. Select a different network by clicking on one in
the list. Once the network is selected, the name will be bolded.
- Click the Connect button.
- Click the Yes button to continue.
- A window will open showing you the progress of the
connection. After connecting to the network the window will say
that the connection is complete and then the next window will
- Click the Yes button if you want to add this network to the
list of quickly accessed connections.
- Give the connection a name that you will recognize and click OK.
- The new connection is in the drop-down menu on the first
window. To change to a network in your list, select it and click
the Connect button. In the future, you will be able to
choose this or the ISU connection from this list.
Back to top