Portfolio of Data Products
The listed information below are the essential data products for the urban site initiative.
- VHR SAR (TerraSAR-X);
- Landsat data;
- VHR Optical data (e.g., IKONOS, QuickBird, WorldView Imagery);
- VIIRS/Suomi NPP
- Urban extent;
- Urban extent change maps;
- Essential environmental variables (land surface temperature, emissivity, albedo, vegetation cover, impervious surface);
- Urban morphology (built-up structures, average distance between built-up structures, classification).
Potential data users
1. Local/regional/country scales;
- Involved institutions(meaning users) in the super cities (urban and spatial planning).
- Local/regional/national environment and planning agencies.
- EU directorate general regional policy (DG REGIO).
- World Bank.
- Science community.
- Hot spot areas in terms of (urban) phenomena addressed by SB-04.
- High expected benefits for broad range of SB-04 products.
- Existing study sites (data, local knowledge & contacts/cooperation).
- Interactions and leveraging with SB-02 (Global Land Cover), SB-03 (Global Forest Observation), SB-05 (Impact Assessment of Human Activities), DI-01 (Informing Risk Management and Disaster Reduction), HE-01 (Tools and Information for Health Decision-Making), HE-02 (Tracking Pollutants), EN-01 (Energy and Geo-Resources Management), CL-01 (Climate Information for Adaptation), and WA-01 (Integrated Water Information including floods and droughts), and EC-01 (Global Ecosystem Monitoring). Collaboration with SB-02, SB-05, HE01, HE-02, and CL-01 is a high priority.
- Global stakeholders (e.g., UN Habitat, World Bank)
- Local stakeholders (e.g. countries, cities, districts)