INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Indiana State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association.
This means that ISU courses and degrees are of a quality and standard recognized by employers. In addition, this ensures transferability of ISU credit to other colleges and universities, including graduate schools.
In addition to institutional accreditation conferred by the HLC, many of the University's educational programs are accredited by specialized agencies such as discipline-based organizations and professional associations.
- The Business Administration Program is accredited by the AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- All educator licensure programs and related school programs are accredited by the Indiana Department of Education and
National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- The Electronics Engineering Technology Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Health and Safety (Occupational Safety Management Specialization) Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Human Resource Development Program is an affiliate of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management).
- The Insurance and Risk Management Program is accredited by the AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The Nursing Program is approved by the Indiana State Board of Nursing and accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
- The Mechanical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the ABET/ETAC (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology/Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission).
- The Packaging Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Public Administration Program is a member of the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) and is associated with
ASPA, the American Society for Public Administration.
- The Sport Management Program is approved by the Sport Management Review Council of the National Association for
Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM).
- The Technology Management Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
For further information, visit accreditation.
Distance Education Students Residing Outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the
requirements at any time.
Last updated 18 June 2012