- Extended Learning Home
- Outreach and Enrichment
- College Challenge
- Distance Education
Information on Academic Programs
For information on academic programs (including advisement), students should contact their academic advisor or visit the academic department or college in which the major is housed:
For assistance with admission, campus tours, credit transfer, financial aid, housing options, registration, scholarships, and veterans benefits, students should contact:
Driver Education Licensure
Indiana State University offers an undergraduate and graduate licensure program for driver education to licensed teachers and individuals through distance education.
- The Driver Education Instructor License Program is a 9-credit-hour program designed for licensed teachers who wish to teach driver education in public or private schools.
- The program also caters to individuals who are seeking a Bureau of Motor Vehicles instructor's license to teach driver education in commercial or agency settings.
- The program is designed to meet the standards for a Rules 2002 license. Those who currently hold an instructional license and who successfully complete the Driver Education Program will be recommended for a Rules 2002 license. This is not an endorsement, but a separate license.
- The program can be completed in one eight-week summer term.
- The program is only available to eligible Indiana residents.
Note: Students also have the option of completing this program on the ISU campus, located in Terre Haute, Indiana.
All courses are offered on-line. High-speed Internet access is required.[ course list for graduate program ] [ course list for undergraduate program ]
This program is only available to Indiana residents.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a valid Indiana driver's license
- Completed 60 hours of undergraduate credit
- Pass a limited criminal history from the Indiana State Police
- Verify association with a recognized commercial school by the BMV
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Driver Education License Program is recognized by the American Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association to provide teacher training for traffic safety educators.
Once admitted, students receive notification from the University as well as their University ID number needed to activate their Sycamore login on the MyISU Portal. The Portal offers access to online registration, University records, and other important University services, including e-mail, and University announcements.
Fees & Expenses:[ current fee rates ]
Financial Aid & Assistance:
Students may be eligible for financial aid if they are admitted into degrees (or first-time teacher certification programs) and meet other eligibility requirements. Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Private alternative loans can help students pay college expenses that may not be covered by federal loan programs or other financial aid. For more information, visit financial aid.
Further Information:Dr. Matt Hutchins
Department of Applied Health Sciences
Indiana State University
Distance Education Students Residing Outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, visit program availability.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.