- Extended Learning Home
- Outreach and Enrichment
- College Challenge
- Distance Education
Information on Academic Programs
For information on academic programs (including advisement), students should contact their academic advisor or visit the academic department or college in which the major is housed:
For assistance with admission, campus tours, credit transfer, financial aid, housing options, registration, scholarships, and veterans benefits, students should contact:
Lean Six Sigma Certificate
The University offers an on-line Lean Six Sigma Certificate Program for individuals interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills in the areas of quality and efficiency.
- Unlike many LSS certificates, this program consists of four credit-bearing courses.
- Courses meld two compatible methodologies: Lean (which focuses on increasing efficiencies and eliminating waste in the supply chain especially the processing stage) and Six Sigma (which is a quality-focused, problem-solving methodology).
- This certificate program is well-suited for individuals pursuing professional careers in manufacturing, construction, mechanical design, and many other service and technology industries. Quality is a vital function in every organization. Careers specifically dealing with quality are growing faster than most other careers as organizations seek to improve quality while reducing costs.
- In addition, the certificate program is preparation (in combination with additional study and required work experience) for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Six Sigma Certification, which further enhances career opportunities.
- The program is open to eligible in-state and many out-of-state applicants.
All courses are offered on-line. On-campus visits are not required. High-speed Internet access is required.
[ list all ]
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Apply online.
- Once admitted, see registration process for instructions on logging on to the MyISU Portal, registration, and purchasing textbooks.
Fees & Expenses:[ current fee rates ]
Department of Applied Engineering and Technology Management
College of Technology
Indiana State University
Distance Education Students Residing Outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states. Currently, distance programs are not offered in the states of Arkansas and Massachusetts. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, visit program availability.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.