You are here
School and Educational Psychology Admissions
We review applications twice each year for a fall entrance into the program. Application deadlines are January 5 and April 2.
Our programs are committed to admitting students whose likelihood of success is greatest, both during graduate study and throughout their professional careers. Admission to the program represents a major commitment for the University and for the student. The school psychology faculty encourages applications from those who are seriously committed to careers in professional psychology and school psychology. Admission decisions are based upon several items including prior undergraduate and graduate coursework and GPA; work and service experiences especially with children and adolescents; research experience, GRE scores, and overall student-program fit.
Instructions for applying to ISU School Psychology Programs:
1. Complete the online application to the ISU College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS): http://www.indstate.edu/graduate/apply.htm.
2. As part of the online application, provide the name, title, and email address for three individuals who will provide a recommendation regarding your application. Please Note: On the online application, this information should be provided on the "Supplemental Materials" page.
3. As part of the online application, upload and attach the following documents: (a) a resume or curriculum vitae and (b) a three-page personal statement that describes your academic and professional experiences, interest in school psychology, and research interests. Please Note: You will need to sign and submit your application before these materials can be uploaded. On the payment screen, click on the link to "Upload and Attach Documents" in the lower right.
4. Pay the $35 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University. Follow the CGPS link above for further instructions.
5. Official transcripts for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions. Follow the CGPS link above for further instructions.
6. Official GRE scores must be sent directly from testing center to Graduate Admissions. Follow the CGPS link above for further instructions.