You are here
How to Apply: (Ed.S.)
Earned bachelor's and master’s degrees from an accredited college or university.
Hold or be eligible for the Standard License for either Elementary School
Administration and Supervision or Secondary School Administration and Supervision.
Have graduate work and experience commensurate with the student’s objectives
as evaluated by the EDLR faculty.
Have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or above.
Have a graduate grade point average of 3.25 or above with no deficiencies.
Additional requirements for admission and/or progress toward the degree may be
applicable. See the Graduate Catalog from the College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
“Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.”
*Distance Students please check with the Concierge Service first
The bulleted items below are to be sent to the EDLR Department via
email attachment: EDLR@indstate.edu or Fax : 812-237-8041 or Mail to :
Bayh College of Education,Rm 211G
Indiana State University,
Terre Haute, IN 47809
- Personal Narrative of professional goals and past experiences.
- Documentation of all licenses and certifications held.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can comment on your potential as a school/district leader.
The items below are to be submitted to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies:
- College of Graduate and Professional Studies Degree Seeking Admission application submitted on-line.*****Under Intended Field of Study Choose - EDS - School Admin (School Superintendent)
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended sent to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Official GRE scores sent to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies. Verification of three years of professional administration experience by Central Office administration can substitute for the GRE requirement.
Students preparing for their central office internship experience are to fill out the application available for download
We do not have minimum performance expectations on the GRE nor do we use GRE scores in isolation from other components of your application given that the research on its use for admissions decisions emphasizes the benefits of the GRE in combination with other application elements. However, stronger scores are always more advantageous than weaker scores. Thus, we advise that students take the time to adequately prepare for the exam, including purchasing a test prep guide, and/or consider taking a test prep course. Guide materials can be obtained from most bookstores.
The GRE can be scheduled and taken at any Sylvan or Prometric Learning Center and your unofficial scores will be available to you immediately after the exam given that the test is taken on computer. Please email your unofficial scores to the EDLR Office immediately after taking the exam to: EDLR@indstate.edu since your official scores will generally not be received by the College of Graduate and Professional Studies for approximately 3 weeks.