You are here
Welcome to the Equal Opportunity and Title IX Office
Indiana State University has long been pledged to the principles of nondiscrimination and is firmly and unequivocally committed to the creation of a culturally diverse community among and between its faculty, staff, and students. Diversity within the University community advances the academic purpose of the University, and a nondiscrimination policy is essential to achieving such diversity. Our expectation is that the University will do more than merely comply with civil rights legislation and enactments.
The Office of Equal Opportunity is responsible for carrying out Indiana State University’s commitment to preventing discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, disability or veteran status, against any of its employees, students or invited guests.
In preventing discrimination, this office strives to not only promptly respond to complaints of discrimination; including harassment, but to provide the ISU community with proactive tools that eliminate potential harm and prevent workplace disruption.
This office executes the following compliance-based responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in supporting and enhancing campus diversity through an inclusive community.
- Investigates complaints of discrimination prohibited under law.
- Supplies resources and training in employment discrimination prevention.
- Develops the overall strategy and vision; including goals and programs designed to increase and support affirmative action.
- Coordinates and monitors programs related to increasing and maintaining diversity.
- Evaluates all aspects of the University’s employment practices; including, hiring, development, promotion, and retention data; to assess the workforce composition and identify areas where greater diversity is beneficial.
Office of Equal Opportunity is also the University’s clearinghouse for resources on equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
Although the Office of Equal Opportunity is primarily responsible for the overall compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination, ensuring that affirmative action and equal opportunity is provided and available to the Indiana State University community requires a commitment to these responsibilities by the students, faculty and staff of this University pursuant to its mission and values.