University Faculty Senate
Executive Committee Liaison: Chris Olsen
Term Ends 2015:
Tad Foster, Professor, Human Resource Development and Performance
Alvaro Gurovich, Assistant Professor, Applied Medicine and
Peggy Weber, Associate Professor, Social Work
Term Ends 2014:
Will Barrat, Professor, Department of Educational Leadership
Karen Evans, Associate Librarian, Library Services
Rusty Gonser, Associate Professor, Biology
Eric Hampton, Associate Professor, Communication Disorders and
Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology (Senator)
Derek Kingsley, Assistant Professor, Kinesiology, Recreation, and
Liz O'Laughlin, Professor, Psychology
The Graduate Council is responsible for the total academic policy of the School of Graduate Studies,
its programs, and its faculty, particularly in these areas:
- Appointment to the graduate faculty.
- Admission of students to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Admission of candidates for graduate degrees.
- Requirements for graduate degrees.
- Approval of graduate curricula and courses.
- Standards for graduate study.
- Reviewing and passing on individual cases brought to the Graduate Council by the Dean of the
School of Graduate Studies.
- New graduate curricula and programs, and revisions sufficiently extensive that the curricula
and programs are substantially new, must be examined by the Graduate Council. The Council will
also properly concern itself Students with the educational philosophy of the University and with
the relationship of existing and future graduate curricula and educational policies to that
Graduate Council Rules of Operation
Brief Overview of Graduate Council Structure, Duties, Organization and
VIL Graduate Council
September 15th, 2009 - Motions