Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Vice Chair S. Lamb, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
B. Evans, B. Frank, P. Hightower, C. MacDonald, V. Sheets, S. Shure
Ex-Officio: J. Maynard
I. Administrative Report
1) thanked participants in the Faculty Honors Dinner;
2) the search process for the interim dean of Nursing has been approved;
3) updated on budget discussions at state level.
II. Chair Report
1) reported the AAC had removed the faculty comments from the satisfaction survey results posted on the committee web site; survey data and analysis are available on the Senate website.
2) noted upcoming events: the Board of Trustees meeting, April 29; Spring Faculty
meeting, April 26; Retirement Tea, April 28; PPARC, April 25.
III. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) Executive Committee recognized work and leadership of the Chair;
2) The SGA student referendum indicated support for the recreation center; a formal response to the laptop initiative is under construction.
3) Request for update on the University’s capital campaign
Provost indicated the campaign is in the preliminary stages.
IV. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of April 12, 2005, were approved. (Sheets, Evans 8-0-1)
V. CAAC: Martial Arts Minor
Approved. (Anderson, Hightower 8-0-1)
Noted: proposal has been through the proper review process; no additional staff or courses required for implementation of the minor.
VI. Old Business
VII. New Business
Discussed the possibility of appointing faculty representative to ITAC for terms longer than one year. E. Kinley will be consulted.
VIII. Standing Committee Reports
Liaisons provided updates.
The meeting adjourned at 4:35 p.m.