|August 26, Minutes
Approved September 9, 2003
Indiana State University
Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
S. Davis, J. Harper, N. Lawrence, R. Schneirov, V. Sheets, J. Tenerelli
Ex-Officio: R. Antonak
I. Administrative Report
II. Chair Report
1) Reported that Dr. J. Maynard had accepted the position of interim
2) Reminded the committee of the President’s Fall welcome address on August
4:00 pm, in Tirey Hall, followed by a reception.
III. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) A request was made for statistics on the percentage of faculty who were
eligible and applied for sabbatical over the last 3 years.
2) An update of student enrollment was requested. Dr. Libler was cited as
the person to contact for most recent figures.
3) The action plan for Academic Affairs was requested.
4) An inquiry as to the status of the implementation of the Special
Needs/Purpose Faculty proposal.
IV. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the August 19 meeting were approved. (Davis, Lawrence 7-0-1)
V. Charges to Standing Committees
The Committee worked on standing committee charges. Work on charges will be
continued at the next scheduled meeting.
VI. Old Business
Standing Committee membership was amended. (Harper, Davis 4-2-2)
VII. New Business
Joe Huber and Bill Warfel were nominated for service on the Faculty
Dismissal Hearing Committee. (Lawrence, Harper 7-0-1)
VIII. Committee Actions
1) Seating of first Arts and Sciences’ alternate following Handbook
procedure. (Tenerelli, Anderson 5-0-3)
2) Moved into executive session. (Harper, Sheets 7-0-1)
Moved out of executive session. (Tenerelli, Anderson 6-0-1)
Motion to recommend tenure and forward the recommendation to Academic
Affairs. (Harper, Lawrence 5-0-2)
The meeting adjourned at 5:55 p.m.