Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Vice Chair S. Lamb, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
B. Evans, B. Frank, P. Hightower, C. MacDonald, V. Sheets, S. Shure
Ex-Officio: B. English
I. Administrative Report
1) budget discussions continue.
II. Chair Report
1) The CAAC has selected a liaison to the Alliance for Community Engagement; a MOU provides direction for this function.
III. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) Budget discussion: the effect of constraints on faculty searches; lack of long range planning for the number of searches; communication needed to department chairs regarding status of job offers; explanation for spending per capita.
2) Study week: need to rename to better define activities occurring this week.
3) Summer sessions: current names make it difficult to determine term enrollment.
IV. Executive Session
Move into executive session. (Lamb, Hightower 8-0-1)
Move out of executive session. (Hightower, Anderson 8-0-1)
V. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of March 1, 2005, were approved. (Hightower, MacDonald 8-0-1)
VI. Old Business
FAC: Handbook Language for Special Purpose Faculty
Removed from the table. (Anderson, Lamb 8-0-1)
The Committee completed review. Approved as amended. (Sheets, Lamb 8-0-1)
VII. New Business
VIII. Standing Committee Reports
Liaisons provided updates on committee activity.
The meeting adjourned at 5:22 p.m.