Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Vice Chair S. Lamb, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
B. Frank, C. MacDonald, V. Sheets, J. Tenerelli
Ex-Officio: Provost Maynard
I. Administrative Report
1) budget guidelines have been sent to department chairpersons with a request for submission of working budgets with a 3% and a 5% funding reduction. Campus budget presentations will begin in the latter part of next February;
2) a mini-retreat is planned for the academic deans early next semester;
3) ISU has hired a new football coach, Lou West;
4) commencement will take place this Saturday—faculty attendance confirmations are low.
II. Chair Report
1) attended the PPARC meeting last week—a budget presentation was made and implications on the University from state budget projections were discussed. She noted the need to set priorities and for conversations to occur across the University community.
2) noted a retreat is planned for January 5th for those projects funded by Lilly grants.
III. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) An inquiry into the status of the International Affairs Center—a reassessment is ongoing of the Center’s policies and procedures for operation.
2) A health benefits inquiry regarding the status of an optional flexible spending account. Provost Maynard will provide followup.
IV. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of December 7, 2004, were approved. (Sheets, Anderson 6-0-1)
V. Old Business
Procedures for the Selection of Administrators
Chair Hudson updated the Committee on the subcommittee’s work. The Committee and Provost made suggestions—work will continue. Provost Maynard will submit an expected practices document to the Executive Committee at the beginning of next semester.
VI. New Business
Draft of Handbook Language on Deans’ Reviews
Discussion focused on refinement of the draft.
Motion to table. (Frank, Sheets 6-0-1)
VII. Standing Committee Reports
Liaisons provided updates on standing committee activity.
The meeting adjourned at 5:38 p.m.