Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Vice Chair S. Lamb, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
S. Davis, J. Harper, N. Lawrence, R. Schneirov, V. Sheets, J. Tenerelli
Ex-Officio: J. Maynard
Visitor: R. Thompson
I. University Advancement Presentation
Dr. R. Thompson was invited to the table to discuss progress on the development of an integrated marketing plan. He gave an overview and the timeline for the project, and stated that from September 29-October 2 there would be open sessions for faculty, students, the Web Advisory Committee, staff, and administration. His presentation was followed by a Q/A period.
II. Administrative Report
1) reported that he had presented the FAC-proposed Family Friendly Tenure Clock to the Deans and that their contributions would be sent to the Executive Committee;
2) described the staffing plans/process the Deans recently accomplished and stated that now the requests and funding are being matched up in order to determine the possible number of lines, which will be fundable;
3) responded to questions about SCHs, special purpose faculty recommendations, and search timelines.
III. Chair Report
1) reported that all standing committees but one have met at least once and that officers have been elected;/
2) conveyed that concerns regarding the Experiential Learning Committee makeup had been voiced;
3) stated that the tenure clock proposal has also been sent to the chairs’ council for their input;
4) expressed the hope that the process for the evaluation of deans would continue.
IV. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) Concerns about the Center for Public Services and Community Engagement were voiced.
2) Administrative promotions without AAC consultation were noted.
3) Statistics on sabbaticals were requested.
V. New Business
Modifications to the grievance section of the Handbook were presented to the Committee. Discussions will begin at the September 23 meeting.
VI. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the September 9 meeting were approved. (Lamb, Tenerelli 8-0-1)
VII. Committee Actions
1) Approved T. Mulkey and J. Harder as Senate representatives to ITAC. (Anderson, Lawrence 7-0-1)
2) Discussed and approved standing committee charges. (Davis, Lawrence 8-0-1)
The meeting adjourned at 5:35 p.m.