Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
S. Davis, J. Harper, N. Lawrence, R. Schneirov, V. Sheets, J. Tenerelli
Ex-Officio: J. Maynard
Visitor: E. Kinley
I. Information Technology Presentation
Dr. E. Kinley gave an overview and explanation of OIT baseline strategies, including:
consolidation of IT support functions;
development of a robust technology infrastructure;
engagement of internal and external audiences;
positioning of ISU as a technology leader;
increasing campus involvement in IT planning and decision-making;
establishment of an internal OIT service and quality initiative program; and
development opportunities for OIT staff.
II. Administrative Report
1) reported on the prison program faculty pay—the same as for on-campus faculty;
2) updated on progress of the requested statistics on sabbaticals and suspension of SCH targets;
3) itemized Deans’ Council agenda items for September 24:
proposed Family Friendly Tenure recommendation;
sabbatical leave operating procedures;
sexual harassment training plans; and
Lilly’s “brain drain” grant implementation.
III. Chair Report
1) reported that the Chairs Council had sent input on the proposed Family Friendly
IV. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) Concerns were expressed regarding:
administrative promotions without AAC consultation;
issues of shared governance relevant to administrative searches and fellows’ appointments.
2) Instances of recent financial aid errors that resulted in seniors’ graduation being delayed were cited.
V. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the September 16 meeting were approved. (Anderson, Sheets 5-0-2)
VI. Old Business
Modifications to the grievance section of the Handbook were discussed. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
VII. Committee Actions
No formal action was taken.
The meeting adjourned at 5:26 p.m.