INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
The 2006-2007 Administrative Affairs Committee (AAC) has had 7 meetings this year with one more meeting scheduled for April 27th. It is also noted that the 2005-2006 AAC met in early August to advise on the re-organization of the Office of Human Resources.
Membership and attendance (so far) of the 2006-2007 Committee is listed below:
F. Bell 6 M. Lewandowski 7
C. Davis (vice chair) 6 R. Ivaturi 3
S. Frey 5 G. Minty (chair) 7
T. Hawkins 5 J. Sanders (secretary) 4
Ex-Officio members were: D. McKee (President’s Office), E. Kinley (Provost’s Office)
B. Evans was the Executive Committee Liason.
1) ADMINISTRATIVE MERGER: The administration is considering combining the roles of enrollment management, marketing, and communications under one vice president who is to be recruited via a national search. After receiving input from the Provost provide advisory input to the administration. Forward a copy of your findings to the Executive Committee.
The Committee met with the Vice President for Business Affairs and others and reviewed the consultants. Not much information has been kept on the purposes or on outcomes achieved. The Committee recommended that this be done and agreed to make this an annual review, with October being the preferred time.
7) ANNUAL CHARGE: Conduct the administration and faculty count.
An administration and faculty count has been completed.
More detailed analysis shall
continue. A report was
presented to the Senate on
8) FACULTY CLIMATE SURVEYS: Review national faculty climate surveys and select one for potential distribution to ISU faculty by Faculty Senate in 2008. This survey should allow for incorporating additional questions from past ISU surveys, as well as for additional questions to address current issues.
Forward the identified survey, and include the selected additional historical questions, and the relevant current issue questions for action by the Executive Committee and the Faculty Senate.
Develop a process for administering, analyzing, and disseminating the results of the survey. Forward recommendations for action by the Executive Committee and the Faculty Senate.
As you are aware, the Faculty Senate passed a vote of no confidence in a special session at the end of last academic year. The vote was 37 to 1.
It is my personal perception that the issues facing the institution come Spring 07 will be entirely different from those presently facing the institution.
Forward the white paper along with your recommendation for action to the Executive Committee by January 30th.
The Committee sent the white paper with recommendations
1. AAC should, in September, request from administration:
B. A list of the number of times outside consultants and firms has been hired during the previous year with remuneration over $50K with the purpose and cost of each consultancy and outcomes achieved.
2. The University Organization Chart can only be accessed through the University Handbook. It has not been updated since August 2004. AAC should work with administration to update the Chart so it can be used as an effective tool for coordinating and communicating.
is noted that the 2006-07 Senate Chairperson, S. Lamb, in the Faculty Senate
Executive Committee meeting of