Curriculum and Academic Affairs
INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Michael Murphy, Chair
December 9 ,2008
agenda # 6
Indiana State University
Faculty Senate 2007-08
1. Approval of the minutes #5 (November 11, 2008).
2. Proposal from Liberal Studies, CAS, for a new concentration in Food Service Management for the Human Interaction and Expression Associates Degree offered only in the prison program.
3. Proposal from Health, Safety, and Environmental Health Science for modification of the Health Science, Public Health Concentration program.
4. Proposal from Recreation and Sport Management for a new Minor in Recreation Management and Youth Leadership.
5. Replacement for F. Lai for the Spring Semester.
6. Formation of, and charge to, the sub-committee on the use of the MAPP test as the evaluation/assessment instrument for ISU’s participation in the VSA (Voluntary System of Accountability).
7. Formation of, and charge
to, the sub-committee for the creation of definitions and what
constitutes Colleges, Schools, and Departments at
8. Discussion of CAAC Charge 5: Recommend a process to assure faculty control or oversight of reorganization of academic units, including those under duress.
9. Discussion of CAAC Charge 8: Recommend procedures for (a) determining whether and when administrative restructuring or reorganization of an academic unit (or units) is necessary and appropriate to ensure the appropriate functioning of the affected unit(s), (b) soliciting recommendations about the nature of such an intervention, and (c) assessing the success of such action.
10. Senate Executive Committee Report.
11. Gen Ed Council Report.
12. Gen Ed Task Force Report
13. NCA Progress Update
14. Chairperson's Report.
15. Old Business.
16. New Business.