Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
P. Burkett, B. Evans, B. Frank, C. MacDonald, V. Sheets, J. Tenerelli
Ex-Officio: R. English
I. Administrative Report
II. Chair Report
1) met with the Provost on Monday.
2) an orientation for new senators was held on the same day and went well.
III. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1) Concerns about the 4th street renovation having potential for accidents (i.e. parking problems, placement of walk thru areas, bicycle signs)—B. English intends to review the area with Public Safety.
2) Activities to encourage student participation in voting were relayed.
3) Classroom scheduling conflicts appeared to be less than last year but a few were mentioned.
4) Rooms to be re-keyed this fall were noted.
IV. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of August 17, 2004, were approved. (Frank, Evans 7-0-1)
V. CAAC Recommendation: Mechanical Design Technology Program
After discussion, concerns regarding the program’s accrediting process prompted a motion to table until the next meeting to permit a department representative to attend. (Sheets, Tenerelli 7-0-1)
VI. New Business
Seating of Senators
Senate alternates for the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and Education were seated. (Evans, Burkett 7-0-1)
VII. Old Business
Standing Committee Slates
Approved after modification to the Graduate Council. (Frank, Evans 7-0-1)
Standing Committee Charges
After discussion, accepted. (Frank, Evans 7-0-1)
Members volunteered for service on sub-committees to work on materials from last year: 1) AAC Report on Searches—Evans and Hudson; 2) Handbook Language for new Sabbatical Leaves Policy—Frank and Burkett; 3) University Academic Grievance Policy—Tenerelli to serve on task force to be assembled.
The meeting adjourned at 4:48 p.m.