XII. Ethics and Social Responsibility
No special polices.
One course (see list of Approved
Courses for Foundational Studies).
Ethics and Social Responsibility learning objectives
1. Understand the historical and
philosophical bases of ethical decision-making and social responsibility;
2. Use independent thinking, critical
analysis, and reasoned inquiry when assessing personal, professional, and
3. Demonstrate the ability to make
personal and professional decisions by applying knowledge and skills
obtained from the study of ethics
and theories of social
4. Articulate how their ethical framework and
understanding of social responsibility shape their actions.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
- Must give students the opportunity to apply what they are learning to real world scenarios.
- Must include opportunities for experiential learning or community engagement.
- Must give students the opportunity to identify and solve problems.
- Must incorporate opportunities for students to critically read and analyze text-based materials beyond textbooks (e.g., novels, classical literature, primary sources, science journals, poems, lyrics, blogs, etc.).
Back to Top