XI. Global Perspectives and Cultural Diversity
No special polices.
One course (select from AFRI 113, AFRI 212, AFRI 222, ECON 446, ENG 340, ENVI 130, EPSY 341, HIST 101, PSCI 105, SOC 110, SOC 465, TMGT 335, or WS 301).
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultures and worldviews.
- Identify social, economic, political, and environmental inter-relationships between cultures and worldviews.
- Use multiple lenses such as race and ethnicity, gender, social class, regional culture, and religion to evaluate one’s culture in comparison to those studied, and
- Articulate how the social construction of culture and worldviews shapes contemporary social and political issues.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
Back to Top