X. Historical Studies
No special policy.
One course (select from HIST 102, HIST 113, HIST 201, HIST 202, or MUS 351).
- Analyze the origins and consequences of historical events and the roles of individuals and societal forces in bringing about change over time.
- Explain historical events and changes as a continuous movement through time rather than as discrete and disconnected moments in time.
- Locate and evaluate sources of evidence within the context of time, place, and culture, and
- Use an historical perspective to understand the world today and address contemporary issues.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental
Back to Top