XIII. Integrative and Upper Division Electives
To receive UDIE credit for a study abroad experience, students must sign up for IS 398 (0 credit hour course).
- Three upper-division, integrative electives
(select from AET 330, AFRI 312, AFRI 329, BUS 401, CRIM 355/ECON
355, ECON 302, ECON 331, ECON 353, ECON 355, ENG 335, ENG 484, ENG
486, ENG 487, ELEP 457, ENVI 310, ENVI 360/PHY 360, ENVI 361, ENVI
376, ENVI 419, ENVI 423, ENVI 460, HIST 320, HIST 336, HIST 345,
HIST 350, LLL 350, MATH 492, MUS 329, MUS 350, NURS 486, PHIL 313,
PHYS 360, PSY 350, PSY 485, SOC 302, SWK 400, SWK 494, TMGT 421, or
WS 450) or,
- One upper-division, integrative elective and a two-course equivalent study abroad experience or,
- Two upper-division, integrative electives and a one-course equivalent study abroad experience or,
- One upper-division, integrative elective and completion of a second major, a minor, a certificate, or a degree in education where content courses are delivered outside the College of Education.
- Use a thematic approach to a particular topic or issue that integrates multiple ways of knowing.
- Engage in a project or conduct research that makes use of multiple ways of knowing to address a particular topic or issue.
- Analyze and write at an advanced level.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
- Must incorporate opportunities for students to critically read and analyze sophisticated, complex text, and to write intensively.
- Must include assignments that apply information from within and across various "ways of knowing".
Back to Top