XIII. Upper-Division Integrative Electives
To receive UDIE credit for a study abroad experience, students must sign up for IS 398 (0 credit hour course).
- Two upper-division, integrative electives
(see list of Approved Courses for Foundational Studies) or,
- One upper-division, integrative elective and a one-course equivalent study abroad experience or,
- One upper-division, integrative elective and completion of a second major, a minor, a certificate, or a degree in education where content courses are delivered outside the College of Education.
- Use a thematic approach to a particular topic or issue that integrates multiple ways of knowing.
- Engage in a project or conduct research that makes use of multiple ways of knowing to address a particular topic or issue.
- Analyze and write at an advanced level.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
- Must incorporate opportunities for students to critically read and analyze sophisticated, complex text, and to write intensively.
- Must include assignments that apply information from within and across various "ways of knowing".
Sycamore Career Ready Certificate -- Completion Checklist -- Meets
Back to Top