You are here
LPN-BS track - BS
The LPN-BS track is a means through which LPN / LVNs may complete a baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing and achieve eligibility to apply to take the RN licensure examination
- Full-time or part-time
- Web based distance learning with local clinical experiences
- Map of States that recognize the LPN-BS track
- Listing of States that recognize the LPN-BS track
- No trips to campus required
- Successful completion of program requirements makes you eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN through the Indiana Board of Nursing. The NCLEX-RN may be taken anywhere in the country and if successfully passed, will result in an Indiana Registered Nursing License. Graduates of the program can then proceed to request an endorsed license in the state in which they reside. Please contact your state licensing authority to assure that, upon completion of the Indiana State University LPN/LVN to BS track of the baccalaureate nursing program, you are qualified to obtain a license or other form of certification. If you need assistance obtaining contact information for the licensing authority in states outside of Indiana, contact Indiana State Online representatives at 812.237.2345 or IndianaStateOnline@indstate.edu
Nursing Application Deadline
- May 1 for Fall Admission
- October 1 for Spring Admission
- Effective May 2, the Admission and Application Process for the LPN-BS Track is changing:
- LPN-BS Track Summary
- Step 1 - Determine Availability
- Step 2 - Determine Eligibility
- Step 3 - Nursing Application
- After your transcripts are evaluated and you have met all pre-admission required courses, you will be invited to complete an electronic nursing application to the program.
- Please refer to the nursing application checklist for more details of required application documents.
Other LPN-BS Information
- Admission, Progression, Dismissal, Retention, Reinstatement Policy
- Advising worksheets
- Clinical Description
- Frequently Asked Questions - Clinical
- Graduation Requirements
- Student Handbook - Department of Baccalaureate Nursing Completion
Want more information? Complete a request for information
Call 1.888.293.4842 option 2
The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) and the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all Indiana State University distance education programs may not be available in all states.