You are here
LPN-BSN track - BSN
Want more information? Complete our Information Request form.
The LPN-BSN track is a means through which LPN / LVNs may complete a bachelor of science in nursing degree and achieve eligibility to apply to take the RN licensure examination
- Full-time or part-time
- Web based distance learning with local clinical experiences
- Map of States that recognize the LPN-BSN track
- Listing of States that recognize the LPN-BSN track
- No trips to campus required
- Successful completion of the program requirements makes you eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN through the Indiana Board of Nursing. The NCLEX-RN may be taken anywhere in the country and if successfully passed, will result in an Indiana Registered Nursing License. Graduates of the program can then proceed to request an endorsed license in the state in which they reside. Please contact your state licensing authority to assure that, upon completion of the Indiana State University LPN/LVN to BSN track of the baccalaureate nursing program, you are qualified to obtain a license or other form of certification.
Student Achievement Outcome Data
Nursing Application Deadline
May 1 for Fall Admission Consideration / Semester Starts August
- Transcripts must be submitted for evaluation by April 1
- October 1 for Spring Admission Consideration / Semester Starts January
- Transcripts must be submitted for evaluation by September 1
- February 1 for Summer Admission Consideration / Semester Starts May
- Transcripts must be submitted for evaluation by January 1
- Please note that this is a competitive process. The LPN to BSN program admits 50 applicants to the program each Fall and Spring cycles with 25 students admitted in the Summer term. Only complete nursing program applications are considered for admission into the LPN-BSN Track.
- LPN-BSN Track Summary
- Step 1 - Determine Availability
- Is the LPN-BSN Track available in your state?
- Step 2 - Determine Eligibility
- Step 3 - Nursing Application
- After your transcripts are evaluated and you have met all pre-admission required courses, you will be invited to complete an electronic nursing application to the program.
- Please refer to the nursing application checklist for more details of required application documents.
- Please note that this is a competitive process. Only complete applications are considered for admission into the LPN-BSN Track.
Other LPN-BSN Information
The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) and the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all Indiana State University distance education programs may not be available in all states.