Agritourism and Rural Tourism
- Resources that provide technical assistance for
decision-making, local initiatives, and related
Indiana Association of Fairs, Festivals and Events
- works to promote the growth and well-being of all
Indiana fairs and festivals in a friendly, fair, and
Ramsey, M., & Schaumleffel, N. A. (2006).
Agritourism and rural economic development (
Indiana Business Review, 81 (3), 6-9.
Ramsey, M., Schaumleffel, N. A., & Blackford, B. (2007).
Agritourism: What is the role of Municipal and County Park Boards in
Rural Economic Development? (
) Poster presentation presented at the annual meeting of the
Indiana Park and Recreation Association, Indianapolis, IN.
Loden, C. C., & Svenson, A. (2001).
Capturing the character of rural communities through tourism development.
CD Practice, 8, 1-8.
Wicks, B. E., & Merrett, C. D. (2003).
Agritourism: An economic opportunity for Illinois (
). Rural Research Report, 14 (9), 1-8. Macomb, IL: Illinois
Institute for Rural Affairs.
Office of Tourism Development (IOTD)
- committed to developing Indiana's tourism product
through workshops, best-practice familiarization tours,
and other efforts
- proactive steps to develop tourism product is
essential to keeping Indiana competitive
Center for Rural Development
- established to
- bring University resources together
to assist public and private sectors as
they work toward solving rural
- provide a broad range of educational
programs which contribute to the
development of Indiana's human and
- coordinate and support research that
improves understanding of economic and
community development issues, problems
- and provide issue-relevant
information to individuals and groups
interested in rural development
Purdue University Extension: Indiana Resource Guide for Agritourism (
- provides a means for contacting and networking with
those who may be able to offer technical or financial
assistance for agritourism development
University of Tennessee Extension: Agritourism in Focus: A Guide for
- designed to help farmers operate profitable
Virginia Tech Cooperative Extension: Agri-Tourism (
- guide designed to help farmers operate profitable
These items (
) require the
Adobe Acrobat Reader.