To join the ISU Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Certification Program:
Before joining, be aware there is a $25.00 joining fee and then $100.00
certification processing fee that you will pay to the national Nonprofit
Leadership Alliance via credit card.
Also, be aware that to earn the CNP, you must attend the NLA national
conference (AMI) at least once before you graduate by passing RCSM-462 (1
credit hour). This is usually a $500 - $1000 expense for each student
depending on geographic location of the conference.
- Work with your Academic Advisor to declare the Nonprofit
Leadership Alliance Certificate Program as a Non-Degree (ND)
program in MySam. This will create a “worksheet” in
MySam specifically for the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
- Register for RCSM-150: Introduction to Nonprofit
Management for the upcoming Fall semester. It is a
- This course is taught by Dr.
Schaumleffel, the NLA Campus/Executive
- Dr. Schaumleffel is on sabbatical, a
leave of absence, from December 14, 2013
until August 14, 2014.
- If you join, NLA
while Dr. Schaumleffel is on
sabbatical, do not worry!
He will be back on campus to
teach RCSM-150: Introduction
to Nonprofit Management in
- He will get you up to
speed and engaged in the
community then! While
on sabbatical, Dr.
Schaumleffel will not be
on-campus, nor responding to
e-mail or phone calls.
- Begin participating in the Nonprofit Leadership
Student Association (NLSA) immediately.
- Register the following ways to get NLSA announcements:
- Log-in to your MyISU portal, access the
OrgSync/Treehouse application, and
- join the Nonprofit
- the Association of
- the Autism Speaks U
- and the Best Buddies ISU
- “Like” on Facebook, the ISU
Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Certification
- “Like” on Facebook, the national
Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
- “Follow” @IndstateNLSA on Twitter.
Student club activities will also be
For more information about the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, please
To view Nonprofit Leadership Alliance videos on their YouTube Channel,