As of Fall 2010, the Language Studies minor
allows students to do all 15 of their elective hours in Latin:
Core Requirement: LLL 200 Intro. to Language and Culture for Students of LLL – 3 hrs.;
15 credits from the department to include at least 6 credits at the 300/400 level.
Latin minor required courses (9 hours total):
• LAT 201 – 3 hrs. Intermediate Latin I
• LAT 202 – 3 hrs. Intermediate Latin II
• LAT 301 – 3 hrs. Advanced Latin Grammar
Latin minor electives (6 hours total)
• LAT 215 – 3 hrs. Classical Mythology (highly recommended)
• One 300/400 level Latin or appropriate General Honors (GH) Classical Studies course, as approved by advisor – 3 hrs.
• Two 300/400 level Latin or appropriate General Honors (GH) Classical Studies courses, as approved by advisor – 3 hrs.each
A minimum 2.5 GPA in all LLL coursework must be
maintained. No coursework below the 200-level may be counted toward the
minor if a student chooses to focus on a single language such as Latin.
(Minors who declared before Fall 2010 are required to take 3 of the 15 credits mentioned above in a second area. If this applies to you and you would prefer to follow the new curriculum, see your advisor about completing an exception form. If you choose instead to change your catalog year, it will change all your degree requirements to that catalog year, not just the minor.)
To See How To Declare a Minor, click here.