Music Now Contest
The following call for scores is complete for 2013. Please check back during the spring of 2014 for information regarding next year's applications.
Call for Scores
Postmark deadline: June 15, 2013
The Indiana State University School of Music invites the submission of scores for its 47th Contemporary Music Festival on October 23-25, 2013. Principal festival guests include composer Evan Chambers and The Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra. Compositions selected from this Call for Scores will be presented at the Music Now concert on Friday, October 25, 2013.
- Composers must be US citizens or US residents.
- Composers may submit one score only.
- Submissions must be original compositions, not arrangements.
- Works must be solo or chamber music compositions (1-6 performers).
- Compositions must have been written since 1997.
- Selected composers are required to attend the performance of their compositions.
- Composers should secure their own performers if at all possible. Every effort to find local performers will be made. Pieces submitted may be disqualified if performers are not available.
- One full score (please omit name of composer).
- A corresponding recording with title of composition (please omit name of composer). MIDI realizations are acceptable. (mp3, m4a, wav files are all acceptable)
- Completed Application Form. Please use Music Now Application Form:
Preferred method of submitting material:
- Electronic submission. The preferred method of submitting materials is an online upload of mp3 and pdf files. Complete instructions for submitting files can be found HERE.
Accepted method of submitting material:
- Hard copy submission. Must be post marked by June 15, 2013. Please send printed score, compact disc, and application form. Also submit the application form by email. If using this method of submission, please put application form in a sealed envelope labeled with the composition title.
Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2013. Materials will be returned only if accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope. While the Contemporary Music Festival committee makes every effort to protect and return materials, the committee assumes no responsibility for loss or destruction of submitted materials. Entrants will be notified of the results of the Call for Scores by August 1, 2013.
Send Entries To:
CMF Call for Scores
School of Music
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Dr. Paul Bro, Music Now Concert Coordinator